Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Foods: Lunch and Dinner


Today's lunch: Turkey Bruschetta

On most days I am lucky enough to be graced with the presence of my lovely husband at the lunch hour (he gets an hour break and we live close to the school). It is a nice midpoint to the day, and another reason for me to make a meal...as though I really need another reason...

With that said, it also means planning a meal I can get ready quickly or have done by the time he gets home so we are able to enjoy our food rather than wolf it down before he heads back to the salt mines (ahem, I mean class).

I quickly learned while we were still dating that in most cases, to him, it is not really a meal unless there is some form of meat involved. So today I took a little twist on something we both really enjoy: the bruschetta burger. We usually use ground turkey instead of beef for these (less fat and still yummy) and top the patty with bruschetta toppings. Well today, I decided instead to make it as I would regular bruschetta only incorporating the ground turkey on our multigrain bread. 

The result was very similarly flavored to our regular bruschetta burger, just in a bite size package :)

 Hours later, after a trip to the grocery store (where I am convinced they probably think I am shopping for a family of ten...but our groceries last us a week and a half to two weeks...) it was time for dinner.

Tonight's food of choice: Chicken Quesadillas and Cheesy Cilantro Rice 
(with sweet mini peppers)



Quesadillas are always a favorite of a certain husband of mine, but we don't have them exactly the same every time. Tonight's version was on a whole wheat tortilla and was baked in the oven for a delightful, yet healthier crunch than frying them. All and all a pretty good meal, especially with a nice beer on the side.





A little P.S.

The dinner of choice for last night was lightly breaded chicken and mashed potato stuffed yellow bell peppers with a red wine vinegar sauce. Here's a little peek:



Not a great picture...but it was pretty yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment