Thursday, September 30, 2010

Today's Snack Adventure: Granola Bars!


As the end of the first block (and finals) are upon us, stress is in the air. How do we fix stress? 

With snacks! 

Healthy, yummy, brain food snacks are even better. So today, I got it in my head that I absolutely had to make homemade granola bars to feed the stressed out brain of my husband. (Although it was more me forcing a snack on him while he studied...)

I had a few requirements though..

1. I only wanted to use ingredients we already had at home. 
2. I wanted them to taste good and not like hard granola rocks.
3. I didn't want to bake them.

The result was a delicious blend of happiness in the form of a chewy, crunchy bar that took limited time to make, and set in the fridge. 

They were good enough that by the time I took the picture we had already eaten 3 of the original 12 bars. 

Oops ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment