Thursday, October 7, 2010

Comfort Foods and Fall Weather


So it has been a few days since I last posted, but we haven't stopped our eating in that time. Haha. 

With a lot of stress going around it has been time for some serious comfort foods. Tonight's food of choice was the infamous family sloppy joes. It has been quite a while since we have had them and mentioning them in a previous post gave me the craving.

 I made the sloppy joes with the secret and ever so tasty ingredient of shredded carrots in them (which I was delighted to use our food processor to produce) :


I also made some oven fries as a side. And while I did this my wonderful husband made us some homemade ranch to dip the fries in:



It was ever so delicious...but don't worry we only ate a small serving out of that giant bowl!


Our other comfort food of choice this week was biscuit topped pot pie:




While it looks kind of blah in a picture, this pot pie is one of our ULTIMATE comfort foods. Whether its stress or feeling sick, you really can't feel too down while eating it. Under its golden biscuit crust lies a mixture of carrots, peas, corn and chicken in a secret sauce that includes apple cider vinegar:



One bite is almost as comforting as the cool side of a soft pillow. 


 On a NON food related topic (shocking I know), we are really enjoying the pleasant weather October is providing us with. It has given us a chance to take some lovely fall walks along the tree lined streets near our apartment. While I miss the multicolored trees that I am used to, the golden hue to the trees here is breathtaking at certain times of day. 
Here we are excited about our warm fall walk and the beautiful trees:


Besides the beautiful trees, warm weather, and perfect company on my walk...I was also pleased to discover some charming little peppers growing in a flower garden in the park near our apartment. They were so adorable I couldn't resist taking a picture:


Even with all of our stress, today managed to be a wonderful day.
I am truly blessed :)



No comments:

Post a Comment