Friday, October 22, 2010

Maple Glazed Salmon and Spinach Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette



Last night when questioned, "what should we have for dinner?", my dear husband said, "maple glazed salmon." With such a specific request rather than the usual, "oh, I don't care.", I figured I should oblige. Although, I can't actually recall if I have ever had maple glazed salmon before, I knew I could figure something out. With the glaze on the salmon I decided it would be good to accompany it with a spinach salad with a homemade vinaigrette to cut the sweet a little.


So here follows the recipe I came up with:


Maple Glazed Salmon and Apples
 
 
Ingredients:



Salmon (I just used one piece for the two of us. - We usually have some frozen salmon fillets in the freezer.)




1 apple




1/4 c. maple syrup




1 clove garlic




1 tsp soy sauce




1 tsp lemon juice




pinch of pepper




Method:

Preheat oven to 400°



If using frozen salmon fillet thaw. 




Thinly slice apple. In a separate bowl mix together maple syrup, soy sauce, minced garlic, lemon juice and pepper. 




Place salmon in tin foil lined glass dish, add in apple slices and pour sauce mixture over top, making sure to thoroughly coat salmon. (I had already removed the skin from the bottom, but if you leave it on put skin on bottom side touching foil).

Bake for 20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork, brushing the salmon with the glaze after 10 minutes. 




I didn't write down precise measurements for the vinaigrette, but they aren't too difficult to make. And the tang of the vinegar does a good job of complimenting the sweet of the maple glaze.



No comments:

Post a Comment