Saturday, October 2, 2010

Macaroni and PEAS!


With a little coercing I was able to convince my honey to let me feed him some lunch whilst he studies. An old favorite (and a meal we DON'T have meat with) macaroni! 

While we often start from the box kind, I can never just mix in milk, butter and cheese powder. I want it to have more flavor than that. I also like to sneak peas in there. 

A little trick my mom taught me on how to get vegetables in otherwise veggie-less foods...I didn't know until college that other people don't have shredded carrots in their sloppy joe's, and the thought of having them without carrots still frankly disturbs me. 

I don't know when I actually started putting peas in macaroni, but it is now somewhat of a standard around here. Add some fruit, iced green tea, a little ketchup on the side of the macaroni for him (something I still can't appreciate the flavor of even if I love ketchup in many situations) and...

Presto!

BAM! 

Lunch!

A little break for my honey from his hard work, and a way for me to feel like I am at least contributing to his success (or trying to) a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment