Sunday, October 3, 2010

Yum! Yum! : Saturday Night Pizza


On the way home from a wonderful fall walk that was a well deserved study break for my husband (and just nice for me in general) we stopped and got some mozzarella so I could make us homemade pizza.  While I have made several pizzas since we have lived in our new apartment, last night was the first time I made a pepperoni pizza (which to anyone who knows me well would probably seem a complete shock). 

Having finally worked out my own method for pizza crust that does not involve the use of yeast, I decided it was time to try out our favorite. Besides pepperoni, there was another must have flavor my dear husband requested:


The ever potent and ever delicious GARLIC.

Since we have some hanging around (literally) I decided to incorporate it in the crust, and the homemade pizza sauce, just to give everything a little extra oomph. Making everything by hand makes it a bit more of a time consuming process so the lovely man I married paused from his studies and made me a delicious berry martini to enjoy while I cooked:


Soon the aroma of garlic pepperoni pizza filled our apartment (and will probably be lingering here for days...) and we were able to sit down and enjoy another lovely meal together. 

Mmmm...Pizza :)

No comments:

Post a Comment