Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Spinach Flatbread Tacos






Oh my do we have some full tummies.

Tonight for dinner we had tacos on spinach flatbread. We used ground turkey as a leaner alternative to beef, and had sharp cheddar, tomatoes, peppers, & Joel's yummy salsa ranch.

MmmmmMmmmm!

My mom always taught me the thing that makes food taste best is love. This is very true. You can definitely taste the difference in a meal that is filled with a grumpy attitude. Since I love my husband and I love to cook for us, things generally turn out pretty well. 

I thought I would try sharing the recipe I made up for this flatbread...as I make up or alter most of the foods we eat it is hard for me to do actual precise measurements...so bare with me.

Here goes...


Ingredients:


3 tbls olive oil
1 clove garlic
bunch of spinach
1 1/4 c. flour (plus extra for hands/dusting cutting board)
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of baking soda
2 tsp salt (I used kosher salt, you could probably reduce this with regular)
1/2 c. water

Method:

Preheat oven to 400°


Place olive oil in frying pan and add minced garlic clove. Saute until fragrant.
Add spinach and stir in until wilted. Set mixture aside. 

In a large mixing bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in spinach mixture and stir thoroughly. Add in water slowly until dough forms. 


Place dough on well floured cutting board, and knead for several minutes until flour is worked in and dough is less sticky. 

Divide dough in 6 pieces (4 if you want larger flatbreads). 

Work each ball into a flat thin disc, and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. 

Bake for 6-8 minutes and flip, baking for an additional 5 minutes. (You might just have to watch them as cooking times with our crappy oven may be different). 

And there you go! Lightly flavored spinach flatbread! Add seasoned meat, your favorite toppings and you have a nice homemade flatbread taco :)


1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely amazing looking. Love is the secret ingredient to everything. Love you!

    ReplyDelete